- Ferguson Protests Stretch Across America [VIDEO]Posted 11 hours ago
- EXTRAORDINARY: Bobby Bowden On Turning Life’s Tragic Losses Into Historic WinsPosted 11 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Veepstakes Part Ten: Bob McDonnell
As far as swing states go, Virginia is shaping up to be a sought-after prize in the Presidential race. So could that make the Old Dominion’s governor a front-runner for the Republican Vice Presidential nomination?
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern takes a closer look at Bob McDonnell in our ongoing series “Veepstakes”:
With so much at stake in Virginia, Governor Bob McDonnell will play a major role, one way or another, for the Romney campaign.
(McDonnell) “We have recession and division and malaise. It’s time for a change.”
McDonnell is highly regarded in the GOP. He chairs the Republican Governors Association. In 2010, he offered the Republican response to the State of the Union address.
(McDonnell) “What government should not do is pile on more taxation, regulation and litigation that kill jobs and hurt the middle class.”
Virginia stands out for posting three consecutive budget surpluses, and the state’s unemployment rate has dropped below 6%. In an interview earlier this year, McDonnell credited – in small part – the President’s stimulus.
Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.