- The Nation Mourns Slain NYPD OfficersPosted 5 hours ago
- The Pope Blasts Vatican Bureaucracy in Christmas MessagePosted 5 hours ago
- AFMW: Duck Dynasty’s Miss Kay & John Luke RobertsonPosted 11 hours ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 3 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 5 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 month ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Veepstakes Part Ten: Bob McDonnell
As far as swing states go, Virginia is shaping up to be a sought-after prize in the Presidential race. So could that make the Old Dominion’s governor a front-runner for the Republican Vice Presidential nomination?
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern takes a closer look at Bob McDonnell in our ongoing series “Veepstakes”:
With so much at stake in Virginia, Governor Bob McDonnell will play a major role, one way or another, for the Romney campaign.
(McDonnell) “We have recession and division and malaise. It’s time for a change.”
McDonnell is highly regarded in the GOP. He chairs the Republican Governors Association. In 2010, he offered the Republican response to the State of the Union address.
(McDonnell) “What government should not do is pile on more taxation, regulation and litigation that kill jobs and hurt the middle class.”
Virginia stands out for posting three consecutive budget surpluses, and the state’s unemployment rate has dropped below 6%. In an interview earlier this year, McDonnell credited – in small part – the President’s stimulus.
Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.