- Christmas Sign At Firehouse In New York Creates ControversyPosted 2 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 7 hours ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 8 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 day ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Romney Brings In Former Fannie Mae Lobbyist To Defend Business Record
Michele Davis is a former aide to Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson.
In her role, Davis defended Fannie Mae’s independence, despite substantial tax advantages: She was quoted in Newsday that year saying the entity “does not receive a penny of funding from the government” or any subsidy.
She also served at Fannie Mae during a time in which it was found to have doctored its earnings statements to juice executives’ bonuses, for which it paid a massive $400 million in penalties.