- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Chick ChickPosted 8 hours ago
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Season Wrap UpPosted 9 hours ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 week ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Romney Brings In Former Fannie Mae Lobbyist To Defend Business Record
Michele Davis is a former aide to Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson.
In her role, Davis defended Fannie Mae’s independence, despite substantial tax advantages: She was quoted in Newsday that year saying the entity “does not receive a penny of funding from the government” or any subsidy.
She also served at Fannie Mae during a time in which it was found to have doctored its earnings statements to juice executives’ bonuses, for which it paid a massive $400 million in penalties.