Flesh-Eating Bacteria Kills MI Woman
A Michigan woman has died after battling a flesh-eating bacteria.
FOX News Radio’s Dave Anthony reports:
Crystal Spencer had what she thought was a boil on her leg back in June, but it turned out to be a flesh-eating bacteria infection she just couldn’t beat. Despite weeks of surgeries and treatment, the 33-year-old died Sunday in a rehab hospital in Michigan. Now her grieving husband says he has a lot of medical bills and it’s tough:
(Spencer) “Trying to get a funeral home to take her.”
Jeff Spencer says:
(Spencer) “We have to let them know of what she had and all that. We’re having an autopsy done on her.”
She died of the same flesh-eating bacteria necrotizing fasciitis, that crippled a Georgia woman in may in a case that got a lot of national attention.
Dave Anthony, FOX News Radio.