- “The Interview” — Not Coming To A Theater Near YouPosted 17 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 19 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Newtown Families Sue Gun Maker for Sandy Hook MassacrePosted 20 hours ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Veepstakes Part Nine: Nikki Haley
A first-term governor from a Conservative state running as Vice President on the Republican ticket. Sound familiar? No, we’re not talking about Sarah Palin, but South Carolina’s current governor, Nikki Haley.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern takes a closer look at Nikki Haley in our ongoing series “Veepstakes”:
Nikki Haley has been a Tea Party favorite since she first ran for South Carolina Governor two years ago, earning endorsements from Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney. Late last year, ahead of the Palmetto State’s first-in-the-South primary, Haley returned the favor.
(Haley) “I am throwing all of my support behind Mitt Romney for President.”
At 40 years old, Haley is one of the nation’s youngest governors, born to Indian parents. She was raised a Sikh, though now identifies as a Christian.
While Haley’s Southern connection could be a benefit for Romney, comparisons to Palin may not be. Haley contends she has no interest in the VP gig, and tells reporters she’s not been vetted.
Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio