- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 2 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 11 hours ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 12 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 day ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
NYC Targets Baby Formula in Breastfeeding Campaign [VIDEO]
Starting September 3rd, New York City will start a breastfeeding campaign called “Latch On NYC”.
FOX News Radio’s Courtney Kealy reports from New York:
22 hospitals citywide have agreed to lock up their supplies of baby formula and others will limit take-home baby formula bags.
Doctors and nurses will give the new mom formula if she asks, but only after the new mom is informed of the benefits of breastfeeding.
Mayor Bloomberg defending the new pro-breastfeeding initiative.
(Bloomberg) “And if they can do it that’s great and if they can’t, they can’t. You know, our job, is we’re not making anybody do it, we’re suggesting.”
But critics say this policy is too invasive.
Many doctors recommend trying to breast feed exclusively for the first three months if possible, and then supplementing with baby formula if necessary.
In New York, Courtney Kealy, FOX News Radio.
WATCH to learn more on this story: