- The Balance Of Power: A FOX News Radio SpecialPosted 9 hours ago
- FOX Country: Kenny Chesney & Jason Aldean Team Up For A Mega TourPosted 10 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Girl Desperate to be Nicki Minaj After Wisdom Teeth RemovalPosted 10 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Dangers of Distracted Walking
Put the phone away when you’re walking down the street. Distracted walking is becoming an epidemic thanks to high-tech gadgets.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Rappoport reports:
Hospitals across the country have seen a spike in injuries from a growing epidemic known as distracted walking, and gadgets are to blame.
The number of pedestrians sent to the ER who were hurt while talking on the phone, texting, surfing the web and listening to music quadrupled in the last seven years, with nearly 1,200 incidents occurring last year alone. Researchers suspect many more went unreported.
A University of Maryland study finding more than 100 cases where pedestrians died, most of those victims were men under the age of 30.
Steve Rappoport, FOX News Radio.