- Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Openly Gay ScoutsPosted 5 hours ago
- IRS Scandal: Lerner Placed On LeavePosted 5 hours ago
- President Obama Defends Drone ProgramPosted 8 hours ago
- Bear Breaks Into CA HomePosted 8 hours ago
- Hurricane Season PredictionsPosted 8 hours ago
- Teen Pregnancies DownPosted 12 hours ago
India Train Fire Kills At Least 47
A deadly train fire aboard a sleeper-train in India has left at least 47 passengers dead.
FOX News Radio’s Alastair Wanklyn reports:
The fire broke out when passengers were asleep aboard an overnight train from New Delhi to Chennai.
One who escaped says one set of carriage doors would not open, and many people were trapped. As the train passed a station officials got the driver to stop. They say the fire began after an electrical fault.
( Man)”Everybody sympathizes with the affected families.”
India’s railways have a grim casualty toll, figures show in the past five years, more than 1,200 people have died,
mostly in accidents.
Alastair Wanklyn, FOX News Radio.