- New Passenger Air Travel Requirements To Prevent Ebola From Spreading In The U.S.Posted 11 hours ago
- Oscar Pistorius SentencedPosted 18 hours ago
- Mom Wants ‘Breaking Bad’ Toys Off Store Shelves [VIDEO]Posted 18 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Veepstakes Part Five: Marco Rubio
Even before Mitt Romney secured the Republican nomination, Marco Rubio’s name was often pitched as a potential running mate for the eventual GOP winner. So how does the Florida Senator stack up in the Veepstakes?
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern takes a closer look at Marco Rubio in our ongoing series “Veepstakes”:
Marco Rubio is such a popular choice for a running mate, when a report surfaced the Florida Senator was not being considered, Mitt Romney responded within hours.
(Romney) “Marco Rubio is being thoroughly vetted as part of our process.”
Rubio could help Romney make up his deficit with Hispanics and win Florida.
(Rubio) “The point that I make is immigration is a very important issue in the Hispanic community, but the vast majority of us do not wake up in the morning and think about immigration all day.”
As a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Rubio has logged plenty of miles and been outspoken on the administration’s response to the Arab Spring.
But Rubio has not appeared on the campaign trail for Romney as often other potential short-listers. And polling suggests Rubio still lacks name recognition.
Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.