- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 19 hours ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 20 hours ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 20 hours ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 4 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Veepstakes Part Two: Tim Pawlenty
A one-time Republican rival of Mitt Romney’s has emerged as a leading contender to be the former Massachusetts governor’s running mate.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern takes a closer look at Tim Pawlenty in our ongoing series “Veepstakes”:
Tim Pawlenty, a two-term Minnesota Governor, was an early critic of Mitt Romney. Remember this phrase from the GOP primary?
(Pawlenty) “President Obama said he designed Obamacare after Romney-care and basicially made it Obamney-care.”
But after dropping out of the race nearly a year ago, Pawlenty quickly endorsed Romney becoming a frequent campaign surrogate.
(Pawlenty) “I think he’s going to be a transformational and great President for this country.”
Pawlenty remains popular in Conservative circles for restricting access to abortions and expanding gun rights as Governor.
But Minnesota is hardly a swing-state, voting for Democrats the last nine presidential elections. And during his own presidential run, Pawlenty struggled with name recognition.
Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.