- A Chilling Warning From ISIS Released in an Audio StatementPosted 22 mins ago
- Securing America: Breach At 1600 Pennsylvania Ave [VIDEO]Posted 4 hours ago
- Mission To Mars: Maven Reaches Red PlanetPosted 4 hours ago
- FOX Wheels: Think Your Kids Are Strapped In Properly? Think Again.Posted 6 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Veepstakes Part Two: Tim Pawlenty
A one-time Republican rival of Mitt Romney’s has emerged as a leading contender to be the former Massachusetts governor’s running mate.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern takes a closer look at Tim Pawlenty in our ongoing series “Veepstakes”:
Tim Pawlenty, a two-term Minnesota Governor, was an early critic of Mitt Romney. Remember this phrase from the GOP primary?
(Pawlenty) “President Obama said he designed Obamacare after Romney-care and basicially made it Obamney-care.”
But after dropping out of the race nearly a year ago, Pawlenty quickly endorsed Romney becoming a frequent campaign surrogate.
(Pawlenty) “I think he’s going to be a transformational and great President for this country.”
Pawlenty remains popular in Conservative circles for restricting access to abortions and expanding gun rights as Governor.
But Minnesota is hardly a swing-state, voting for Democrats the last nine presidential elections. And during his own presidential run, Pawlenty struggled with name recognition.
Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.