- WA Bridge CollapsePosted 3 mins ago
- Underwater MysteryPosted 2 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: Kidney Stones & Sugary DrinksPosted 2 hours ago
- FOX CountryPosted 3 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Coca-Cola 600 (Charlotte)Posted 3 hours ago
- Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Openly Gay ScoutsPosted 15 hours ago
Veepstakes Part Two: Tim Pawlenty
A one-time Republican rival of Mitt Romney’s has emerged as a leading contender to be the former Massachusetts governor’s running mate.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern takes a closer look at Tim Pawlenty in our ongoing series “Veepstakes”:
Tim Pawlenty, a two-term Minnesota Governor, was an early critic of Mitt Romney. Remember this phrase from the GOP primary?
(Pawlenty) “President Obama said he designed Obamacare after Romney-care and basicially made it Obamney-care.”
But after dropping out of the race nearly a year ago, Pawlenty quickly endorsed Romney becoming a frequent campaign surrogate.
(Pawlenty) “I think he’s going to be a transformational and great President for this country.”
Pawlenty remains popular in Conservative circles for restricting access to abortions and expanding gun rights as Governor.
But Minnesota is hardly a swing-state, voting for Democrats the last nine presidential elections. And during his own presidential run, Pawlenty struggled with name recognition.
Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.