- Deer Tick DangersPosted 1 day ago
- IRS Questioned Over Targeting ScandalPosted 2 days ago
- Midwest Gas Price SpikePosted 2 days ago
- FOX CountryPosted 3 days ago
- Life Expectancy RisesPosted 3 days ago
- David Beckham To Retire From SoccerPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: All-Star Race (Charlotte)Posted 3 days ago
Housecall for Health: Treating Egg Allergies With… Eggs
Treating an egg allergy with eggs may seem counter-productive, but according to a new study, it may just work.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
For kids with egg allergies, the answer may be eating eggs.
That’s right, a major study from the University of North Carolina found that children who are allergic to eggs may get relief by eating small, increasing doses of egg protein called oral immunotherapy.
Results showed more than half of the children who used this method for two years could eat eggs with very minimal symptoms, and a third were completely cured of the allergy.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.