- Securing America: Breach At 1600 Pennsylvania Ave [VIDEO]Posted 2 hours ago
- Mission To Mars: Maven Reaches Red PlanetPosted 2 hours ago
- FOX Wheels: Think Your Kids Are Strapped In Properly? Think Again.Posted 4 hours ago
- AFMW: Beth Chapman, star of CMT’s “Dog & Beth: On the Hunt”Posted 2 days ago
- Iranians Receive Un”Happy” Sentence for Dance VideoPosted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Veepstakes Part One: Sen. Rob Portman
It’s a parlor game played every four years in political arenas: The Veepstakes. Everyone wants to know who will become the Republican vice presidential candidate in the 2012 election.
In a new daily series, FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern takes a closer look at who could become Mitt Romney’s running mate, starting with Ohio Senator Rob Portman:
Rob Portman’s been a fixture on the campaign trail.
(Portman) “We’re gonna tell the American people that this economy is not achieving its potential. And therefore, the American potential is not being achieved.”
The first-term Ohio Senator, elected in 2010, carries a fiscally-focused resume. After six terms in the House, Portman served as President George W. Bush’s U.S. trade representative and later as budget director, as the recession began.
Those jobs could make Portman vulnerable to more attacks like this from President Obama.
(Obama) “When I try something that doesn’t work, then I don’t try it again.”
The biggest benefit Portman offers however, could be his home state. Ohio has voted for the losing presidential nominee just once, since 1944.
Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.