- Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu Addresses Congress [VIDEO]Posted 3 hours ago
- Hillary Clinton’s State Department Email Habits Under FirePosted 5 hours ago
- AFMW: Frankie Ballard, Country Music Singer / SongwriterPosted 5 hours ago
- Tension In D.C. Over Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Speech [VIDEO]Posted 9 hours ago
- Preventing Peanut AllergiesPosted 9 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
CDC: Whooping Cough Epidemic Worst in 50 Yrs
The U.S. is seeing its worst whooping cough epidemic in decades according to the CDC, and health officials are urging people to get vaccinated.
FOX News Radio’s Lilian Woo reports:
Health officials putting out a call for adults to get vaccinated with the U.S. on track to have its worst year for whooping cough in more than 50. Nearly 18,000 cases reported so far this year, more than twice last year’s total. Nine children have died this year according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The highly contagious bacterial disease, also known as pertussis, which sounds like this:
As children gasp for breath. Often passed on from adults.
Health officials saying it is especially important for pregnant woman to get vaccinated, so they don’t spread it to infants who are too young to get the vaccine.
Lilian Woo, FOX News Radio.