- President Obama Issues Executive Order Allowing Sanctions On Cyber AttackersPosted 2 hours ago
- Joining The Pack: Arkansas Passes Religious Freedom Bill Similar To Indiana’s [VIDEO]Posted 6 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Tax Break Holiday for FL Gun Owners?Posted 8 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
Chocolate: The Health Food?
Is chocolate a health food? It could be soon.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
Chocolate is good for you. Good for your health. And there may be hard science to back it up.
The world’s largest chocolate maker, Barry Callebaut has won the support of the European Food Safety Authority to claim that cocoa flavanols, compounds found in dark chocolate, can be good for blood circulation.
Flavanols have been shown to lower blood pressure, improve blood flow and reduce heart-disease risk at least in part by relaxing vessels.
The final blessing awaits the European Commission. If they get it, food companies may soon be able to sell chocolate with a health claim. Their decision expected early next year.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.