- Ukraine Crisis Leads To Sanctions On Russia, Executive OrderPosted 12 hours ago
- The Balance of Power: Is The Tea Party Losing Steam?Posted 18 hours ago
- Conservatives Gather At CPAC [VIDEO]Posted 18 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 20 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Chocolate: The Health Food?
Is chocolate a health food? It could be soon.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
Chocolate is good for you. Good for your health. And there may be hard science to back it up.
The world’s largest chocolate maker, Barry Callebaut has won the support of the European Food Safety Authority to claim that cocoa flavanols, compounds found in dark chocolate, can be good for blood circulation.
Flavanols have been shown to lower blood pressure, improve blood flow and reduce heart-disease risk at least in part by relaxing vessels.
The final blessing awaits the European Commission. If they get it, food companies may soon be able to sell chocolate with a health claim. Their decision expected early next year.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.