- Iranians Receive Un”Happy” Sentence for Dance VideoPosted 10 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 10 hours ago
- Dallas, TX Suburb Approves Plan for Nation’s 1st Video Game MuseumPosted 14 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Chocolate: The Health Food?
Is chocolate a health food? It could be soon.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
Chocolate is good for you. Good for your health. And there may be hard science to back it up.
The world’s largest chocolate maker, Barry Callebaut has won the support of the European Food Safety Authority to claim that cocoa flavanols, compounds found in dark chocolate, can be good for blood circulation.
Flavanols have been shown to lower blood pressure, improve blood flow and reduce heart-disease risk at least in part by relaxing vessels.
The final blessing awaits the European Commission. If they get it, food companies may soon be able to sell chocolate with a health claim. Their decision expected early next year.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.