- Supreme Court Weighs Arguments Over Affordable Care Act Subsidies [VIDEO]Posted 10 hours ago
- Bullet Points: ATF Takes Aim at AR-15 AmmoPosted 15 hours ago
- DHS Gets A Budget, Immigration Policy Standoff EndsPosted 16 hours ago
- Former General David Petraeus Pleads Guilty [VIDEO]Posted 17 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Chocolate: The Health Food?
Is chocolate a health food? It could be soon.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
Chocolate is good for you. Good for your health. And there may be hard science to back it up.
The world’s largest chocolate maker, Barry Callebaut has won the support of the European Food Safety Authority to claim that cocoa flavanols, compounds found in dark chocolate, can be good for blood circulation.
Flavanols have been shown to lower blood pressure, improve blood flow and reduce heart-disease risk at least in part by relaxing vessels.
The final blessing awaits the European Commission. If they get it, food companies may soon be able to sell chocolate with a health claim. Their decision expected early next year.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.