- AFMW: Miss America 2015 Kira KazantsevPosted 17 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 2 days ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 5 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Chocolate: The Health Food?
Is chocolate a health food? It could be soon.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
Chocolate is good for you. Good for your health. And there may be hard science to back it up.
The world’s largest chocolate maker, Barry Callebaut has won the support of the European Food Safety Authority to claim that cocoa flavanols, compounds found in dark chocolate, can be good for blood circulation.
Flavanols have been shown to lower blood pressure, improve blood flow and reduce heart-disease risk at least in part by relaxing vessels.
The final blessing awaits the European Commission. If they get it, food companies may soon be able to sell chocolate with a health claim. Their decision expected early next year.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.