- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 15 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 2 days ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 2 days ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Securing America: Fewer Security Jobs Available
Getting a job helping secure America is getting harder to do because some of those jobs are harder to come by.
FOX News Radio’s Jill Nado reports from Washington in our ongoing series on national security:
Getting into the Coast Guard Academy is getting tougher. More people are vying for slots, knowing they’re guaranteed a job when they get done. But the Coast Guard needs fewer officers because the officers they already have are staying on the job as long as possible.
(Rear Adm. Stosz) “We can afford to be choosy, and we are going to be.”
…The Academy Superintendent, Rear Adm. Sandra Stosz.
(Rear Adm. Stosz) “I’m demanding that my cadets develop into those leaders of character that America expects of them when they commission as officers.”
The Coast Guard says 85% of Academy graduates are choosing now to serve beyond their initial five-year commitment.
In Washington, Jill Nado, FOX News Radio.