- Hired! Office Body LanguagePosted 43 mins ago
- Border Disorder: A Plan From House RepublicansPosted 19 hours ago
- AEHQ: FOX Poll: Midterm Election InterestPosted 24 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: Fist Bump For HealthPosted 1 day ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 weeks ago
Securing America: Fewer Security Jobs Available
Getting a job helping secure America is getting harder to do because some of those jobs are harder to come by.
FOX News Radio’s Jill Nado reports from Washington in our ongoing series on national security:
Getting into the Coast Guard Academy is getting tougher. More people are vying for slots, knowing they’re guaranteed a job when they get done. But the Coast Guard needs fewer officers because the officers they already have are staying on the job as long as possible.
(Rear Adm. Stosz) “We can afford to be choosy, and we are going to be.”
…The Academy Superintendent, Rear Adm. Sandra Stosz.
(Rear Adm. Stosz) “I’m demanding that my cadets develop into those leaders of character that America expects of them when they commission as officers.”
The Coast Guard says 85% of Academy graduates are choosing now to serve beyond their initial five-year commitment.
In Washington, Jill Nado, FOX News Radio.