- Holder Letter Acknowledges U.S. Citizen DeathsPosted 6 hours ago
- Man Killed By FBI In Boston Bombing Probe [VIDEO]Posted 9 hours ago
- Hometown Heartache [VIDEO]Posted 9 hours ago
- Memorial Day TravelPosted 9 hours ago
- FOX on Tech: Microsoft Unveils Xbox OnePosted 13 hours ago
- London Machete AttackPosted 14 hours ago
Did Romney Commit Perjury?
At least it’s not as if he lied about sex (via Political Wire).
Mother Jones reports that during a 2002 hearing to determine if Mitt Romney met the residency requirement to run for governor Romney said that “after he departed Bain in February 1999 he went through a transition period regarding his work in Boston.”
“When a lawyer challenging his eligibility asked Romney, ‘Did you remain more or less continuously in Salt Lake City from February ’99 to the end of the year,’ Romney answered: ‘Actually, there was some transition away from my work in Boston for the first few months and then I pretty much stayed there after.’ Trying to clarify this, the lawyer, after referring to this ‘transition,’ asked, ‘So from February through the end of the year you were pretty much full-time out in Utah, right?’ Romney replied: ‘Well again, the beginning of the year was a good deal of time back and forth, but towards the last half of the year it was pretty much exclusively in Utah.’”