- Deer Tick DangersPosted 1 day ago
- IRS Questioned Over Targeting ScandalPosted 2 days ago
- Midwest Gas Price SpikePosted 2 days ago
- FOX CountryPosted 3 days ago
- Life Expectancy RisesPosted 3 days ago
- David Beckham To Retire From SoccerPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: All-Star Race (Charlotte)Posted 3 days ago
Is A Global Pilot Shortage Looming?
An airline industry forecast is raising concerns about a pilot shortage.
FOX News Radio’s Lilian Woo explains:
Boeing predicts nearly half a million new pilots will be needed worldwide between now and 2031, as global economies expand and airlines take deliveries of tens of thousands of new commercial airliners. One of the world’s largest makers of those jetliners also predicting more than 600 thousand new aircraft maintenance technicians will be needed over that same period.
A possible shortage here at home officials say could be touched off by rising global demand, combined with an anticipated wave in retirement and tighter qualification standards for new pilots that will kick in next year.
Lilian Woo, FOX News Radio.
Editor’s Note: Boeing says the asia pacific region is already experiencing delays and operational interruption from pilot scheduling constraints as carriers there struggle to fill spots.