- AFMW: Olympic Wrestler Mark SchultzPosted 8 hours ago
- Mitt Romney Will Not Run For President In 2016 [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: A New Level of ArcheryPosted 1 day ago
- Do Super Bowl Commercials Need To Be Cleaned Up?Posted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Housecall for Health: Senior Mental Health
America’s senior population is living longer, but there are problems that come with that extended life, especially mental health issues. The people in charge of caring for aging Americans aren’t prepared, according to a new study.
FOX News Radio’s Marghiee Teshineh reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Look out Baby Boomers, a new report shows 1-in-5 seniors has a mental health or substance abuse problem. These seniors can’t find the right care as there are not enough doctors trained for those issues.
Most health providers are prepared to deal with the physical needs of what’s being called “The Silver Tsunami,” so mental health conditions are often overlooked. Approximately six million seniors have a mental health or substance abuse disorder.
Housecall for Health, I’m Marghiee Teshineh, FOX News Radio.