- AFMW Judge Jeanine Pirro: The Mystery of Robert DurstPosted 3 hours ago
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid Will Not Seek Re-Election [VIDEO]Posted 9 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Harry Potter Parody of ‘Uptown Funk’Posted 12 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
Housecall for Health: Senior Mental Health
America’s senior population is living longer, but there are problems that come with that extended life, especially mental health issues. The people in charge of caring for aging Americans aren’t prepared, according to a new study.
FOX News Radio’s Marghiee Teshineh reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Look out Baby Boomers, a new report shows 1-in-5 seniors has a mental health or substance abuse problem. These seniors can’t find the right care as there are not enough doctors trained for those issues.
Most health providers are prepared to deal with the physical needs of what’s being called “The Silver Tsunami,” so mental health conditions are often overlooked. Approximately six million seniors have a mental health or substance abuse disorder.
Housecall for Health, I’m Marghiee Teshineh, FOX News Radio.