- A Trip To Clown School Ahead of Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade [VIDEO]Posted 2 hours ago
- Fox & Food: Deep-Fried TurkeyPosted 7 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Chick ChickPosted 1 day ago
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Season Wrap UpPosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 week ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Housecall for Health: Senior Mental Health
America’s senior population is living longer, but there are problems that come with that extended life, especially mental health issues. The people in charge of caring for aging Americans aren’t prepared, according to a new study.
FOX News Radio’s Marghiee Teshineh reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Look out Baby Boomers, a new report shows 1-in-5 seniors has a mental health or substance abuse problem. These seniors can’t find the right care as there are not enough doctors trained for those issues.
Most health providers are prepared to deal with the physical needs of what’s being called “The Silver Tsunami,” so mental health conditions are often overlooked. Approximately six million seniors have a mental health or substance abuse disorder.
Housecall for Health, I’m Marghiee Teshineh, FOX News Radio.