- Joint Chiefs Chairman Won’t Rule Out U.S. Ground Troops Against ISISPosted 34 mins ago
- Housecall for Health: How Much Coffee Is Too Much?Posted 8 hours ago
- NFL Image Problem?Posted 8 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 4 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Drink Up For Strong Bones
For stronger bones, you might want to add an extra glass of wine to your daily diet.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
Drink to your health: Your bone health.
The most common type of bone disease is Osteoporosis. About one-in-five American women over the age of 50 have it.
One way to fight it: moderate drinking. Alcohol, in particular wine, when consumed in tandem with good diet and exercise, appears to slow down bone loss.
The study funded by the federal government found that when the women stopped drinking the body made a U-turn in the direction of bone turnover.
“Moderate” drinking was defined as no more than two five-ounce glasses of wine a day.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.