- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 1 day ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 2 days ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Drink Up For Strong Bones
For stronger bones, you might want to add an extra glass of wine to your daily diet.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
Drink to your health: Your bone health.
The most common type of bone disease is Osteoporosis. About one-in-five American women over the age of 50 have it.
One way to fight it: moderate drinking. Alcohol, in particular wine, when consumed in tandem with good diet and exercise, appears to slow down bone loss.
The study funded by the federal government found that when the women stopped drinking the body made a U-turn in the direction of bone turnover.
“Moderate” drinking was defined as no more than two five-ounce glasses of wine a day.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.