- AFMW: Duck Dynasty’s Miss Kay & John Luke RobertsonPosted 3 hours ago
- Report Reveals America Under-Prepared In The Event Of Nuclear Style AttackPosted 23 hours ago
- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 3 days ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 3 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 5 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 month ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Drink Up For Strong Bones
For stronger bones, you might want to add an extra glass of wine to your daily diet.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
Drink to your health: Your bone health.
The most common type of bone disease is Osteoporosis. About one-in-five American women over the age of 50 have it.
One way to fight it: moderate drinking. Alcohol, in particular wine, when consumed in tandem with good diet and exercise, appears to slow down bone loss.
The study funded by the federal government found that when the women stopped drinking the body made a U-turn in the direction of bone turnover.
“Moderate” drinking was defined as no more than two five-ounce glasses of wine a day.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.