- Deer Tick DangersPosted 13 hours ago
- IRS Questioned Over Targeting ScandalPosted 2 days ago
- Midwest Gas Price SpikePosted 2 days ago
- FOX CountryPosted 2 days ago
- Life Expectancy RisesPosted 2 days ago
- David Beckham To Retire From SoccerPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: All-Star Race (Charlotte)Posted 2 days ago
President Obama Orders Health Insurance For Seasonal Firefighters
Thousands of federally-employed firefighters, previously denied, will now get health insurance.
Obama’s directive, confirmed by the White House on Tuesday, capped a 2-month-old electronic petition drive started by a member of a U.S. Forest Service “hot-shot” crew based in South Dakota that has drawn more than 125,000 signatures…
In the meantime, Obama has instructed the U.S. Office of Personnel Management, the Interior Department and the Agriculture Department — parent agency of the Forest Service — to “ensure temporary federal firefighters who are bravely battling fires have access to the health insurance they deserve,” the official said…
Some 15,000 firefighters are on the federal government payroll, but 8,000 of them are classified as temporary, seasonal employees and thus ineligible for federal benefits such as health insurance..