- US Seeks To Normalize Relations With CubaPosted 1 hour ago
- American Alan Gross Released From Cuba After 5 Years In Prison [VIDEO]Posted 5 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Pistol Packin’ Wait Staff?Posted 9 hours ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 10 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Housecall for Health: Device Uses Teeth to Hear
There’s new hope for some of those who have trouble hearing, but the repair doesn’t come through the ears.
FOX News Radio’s Joy Piazza reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
New technology is bringing hope to those who are partially deaf. A medical device called “Sound Bite” conducts sound waves wirelessly though the teeth and skull. It was created for people who are completely deaf in one ear, because the system transmits sounds from one ear to another, allowing full sound in both ears.
Nearly eight million Americans are born with single-sided deafness, and another 1.5 million develop it later in life.
Housecall for Health, I’m Joy Piazza, FOX News Radio.