- Man Apprehended After Jumping White House Fence [VIDEO]Posted 26 mins ago
- The Balance Of Power: The 5 Most Intriguing House Races of 2014Posted 1 hour ago
- Legal Lis: Should There Be Parent Liability With Facebook?Posted 2 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Republican Congressman Tells Employed Constituent Asking For Higher Minimum Wage, “Get A Job”
Congressman Don Young of Florida either didn’t listen or didn’t care, or both.
CONSTITUENT: Hi, I’m (inaudible) how are you? Happy Fourth of July. Jesse Jackson, Jr. is passing a bill around to increase the minimum wage to 10 bucks and hour. Do you support that?
YOUNG: Probably not.
CONSTITUENT: 10 bucks, that would give us a living wage.
YOUNG: How about getting a job?
CONSTITUENT: I do have one.
YOUNG: Well, then why do you want that benefit? Get a job.