- Report Reveals America Under-Prepared In The Event Of Nuclear Style AttackPosted 26 mins ago
- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 2 days ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
AEHQ: Declining Union Votes in November [VIDEO]
As the American population shifts to traditionally anti-union southern and western states, President Obama is losing a demographic – unionized voters – that were a key to his election four years ago.
FOX’s Doug McKelway has more from Washington in this election update:
From America’s Election Headquarters…
As President Obama campaigns in the union-rich territory of Ohio & Pennsylvania, one demographic shift poses a problem for his re-election prospects. Unionized labor now makes up the smallest percentage of the American workforce in 60 years. One-third of American workers belonged to unions in 1945, today it’s less than 14%.
Adding to labor’s woes, this year, unions took some huge hits. The recall election results in Wisconsin and last week’s Supreme Court ruling that bars unions from using dues to pay for political campaigns without prior approval have dealt a double blow to big labor.
In Washington, Doug McKelway, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the declining union membership HERE: