- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of March 7thPosted 16 mins ago
- Ukraine Crisis Leads To Sanctions On Russia, Executive OrderPosted 15 hours ago
- The Balance of Power: Is The Tea Party Losing Steam?Posted 21 hours ago
- Conservatives Gather At CPAC [VIDEO]Posted 21 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 24 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
AEHQ: Declining Union Votes in November [VIDEO]
As the American population shifts to traditionally anti-union southern and western states, President Obama is losing a demographic – unionized voters – that were a key to his election four years ago.
FOX’s Doug McKelway has more from Washington in this election update:
From America’s Election Headquarters…
As President Obama campaigns in the union-rich territory of Ohio & Pennsylvania, one demographic shift poses a problem for his re-election prospects. Unionized labor now makes up the smallest percentage of the American workforce in 60 years. One-third of American workers belonged to unions in 1945, today it’s less than 14%.
Adding to labor’s woes, this year, unions took some huge hits. The recall election results in Wisconsin and last week’s Supreme Court ruling that bars unions from using dues to pay for political campaigns without prior approval have dealt a double blow to big labor.
In Washington, Doug McKelway, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the declining union membership HERE: