- School Administers Take a Hack at Cutting HairPosted 57 mins ago
- Supreme Court Weighs Arguments Over Affordable Care Act Subsidies [VIDEO]Posted 18 hours ago
- Bullet Points: ATF Takes Aim at AR-15 AmmoPosted 23 hours ago
- DHS Gets A Budget, Immigration Policy Standoff EndsPosted 23 hours ago
- Former General David Petraeus Pleads Guilty [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
AEHQ: Declining Union Votes in November [VIDEO]
As the American population shifts to traditionally anti-union southern and western states, President Obama is losing a demographic – unionized voters – that were a key to his election four years ago.
FOX’s Doug McKelway has more from Washington in this election update:
From America’s Election Headquarters…
As President Obama campaigns in the union-rich territory of Ohio & Pennsylvania, one demographic shift poses a problem for his re-election prospects. Unionized labor now makes up the smallest percentage of the American workforce in 60 years. One-third of American workers belonged to unions in 1945, today it’s less than 14%.
Adding to labor’s woes, this year, unions took some huge hits. The recall election results in Wisconsin and last week’s Supreme Court ruling that bars unions from using dues to pay for political campaigns without prior approval have dealt a double blow to big labor.
In Washington, Doug McKelway, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the declining union membership HERE: