- Deer Tick DangersPosted 6 hours ago
- IRS Questioned Over Targeting ScandalPosted 1 day ago
- Midwest Gas Price SpikePosted 1 day ago
- FOX CountryPosted 2 days ago
- Life Expectancy RisesPosted 2 days ago
- David Beckham To Retire From SoccerPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: All-Star Race (Charlotte)Posted 2 days ago
AEHQ: Declining Union Votes in November [VIDEO]
As the American population shifts to traditionally anti-union southern and western states, President Obama is losing a demographic – unionized voters – that were a key to his election four years ago.
FOX’s Doug McKelway has more from Washington in this election update:
From America’s Election Headquarters…
As President Obama campaigns in the union-rich territory of Ohio & Pennsylvania, one demographic shift poses a problem for his re-election prospects. Unionized labor now makes up the smallest percentage of the American workforce in 60 years. One-third of American workers belonged to unions in 1945, today it’s less than 14%.
Adding to labor’s woes, this year, unions took some huge hits. The recall election results in Wisconsin and last week’s Supreme Court ruling that bars unions from using dues to pay for political campaigns without prior approval have dealt a double blow to big labor.
In Washington, Doug McKelway, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the declining union membership HERE: