- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 3 hours ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 4 hours ago
- “The Interview” — Not Coming To A Theater Near YouPosted 24 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 day ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Securing America: New High-Tech Border Boats
The state of Texas has a new fleet coming into service to patrol waterways that are popular with drug traffickers and other illegal border crossers.
FOX’s Casey Stegall reports in our ongoing series on national security:
The Texas Department of Public Safety now has a new tool in its arsenal when it comes to fighting the powerful Mexican cartels. Six new speedboats will be patrolling the waters of the Rio Grande River, a popular waterway for smuggling drugs, weapons and illegal immigrants into this country.
The 34-foot long vessels have 900-horsepower, armed with fully automatic machine guns that can fire up to 900 rounds a minute, and parts of them are bulletproof. At about $580,000 a piece, the boats were paid for through DPS grants and the Texas legislature.
In Dallas, Casey Stegall, FOX News Radio.