- Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Openly Gay ScoutsPosted 4 hours ago
- IRS Scandal: Lerner Placed On LeavePosted 4 hours ago
- President Obama Defends Drone ProgramPosted 7 hours ago
- Bear Breaks Into CA HomePosted 7 hours ago
- Hurricane Season PredictionsPosted 8 hours ago
- Teen Pregnancies DownPosted 12 hours ago
FL Lifeguard Fired For Saving Swimmer [VIDEO]
Lifeguards working at a south Florida beach are quitting their jobs in protest of a co-worker getting fired for rescuing a swimmer in distress.
FOX News Radio’s Eben Brown reports from Miami:
Tomas Lopez got fired from his lifeguarding job at Hallendale Beach because he helped save a swimmer.
(Lopez) “I kept running until I finally found the person being dragged up out of the water, and I jumped into the water and grabbed him.”
The beach is patrolled by a contracted lifeguard company, but Lopez ran to a stretch of beach outside jurisdiction. Jeff Ellis runs the lifeguarding company…
(Ellis) “If we have acted inappropriately or out of haste, the facts will come forward and we will make whatever necessary amends to our action.”
The victim is doing okay.
In Miami, Eben Brown, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on this story in an interview with Tomas Lopez HERE: