- AFMW: Miss America 2015 Kira KazantsevPosted 22 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 2 days ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 5 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Did Countrywide Buy Congress With Cheap Mortgages?
Was one of the country’s biggest mortgage lenders giving sweetheart deals to members of Congress for their support as the housing market was falling apart? A new government report suggests it was.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Taylor reports from Washington:
The Countrywide Financial Corporation collapsed during the 2008 mortgage crisis. Now, a House committee says Countrywide had made hundreds of discounted loans to members of Congress, Congressional aides, Cabinet officials and executives at the giant mortgage lender Fannie Mae.
The apparent aim was to avoid tighter government regulations while Countrywide was selling billions of dollars in subprime mortgages. When those high-risk mortgages collapsed for millions of homeowners, it started a wave of foreclosures that continues today.
In Washington, Steve Taylor, FOX News Radio.