- President Obama Insists No U.S. Combat Mission In IraqPosted 8 hours ago
- Fed Signals Plan To Keep Interest Rates Low For A “Considerable Time” [VIDEO]Posted 9 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Manhunt Underway for Suspect in PA State Trooper AmbushPosted 15 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Scientists Discover Possible “God Particle”
Physicists at the world’s largest atom smasher, in Switzerland, believe they may have found the so-called “God particle,” the particle that’s responsible for all things as we know them.
FOX News Radio’s Kate Alexander reports from Geneva, Switzerland:
The Director General of CERN, Rolf Heuer, calls this exciting new discovery “a remarkable achievement.”
(Heuer) “I think we have a success today, we have a discovery. We have discovered a new particle, a boson. Most probably a Higgs boson, but we have to find out which kind of Higgs boson this is. Does it have the properties which we expect from the Standard Model?”
The Standard Model is a theory of everything. Scientists believe the Higgs boson could answer the long-standing question of why the fundamental building blocks of matter have mass. The scientists say the discovery of this new boson could be a key to the structure of the universe.
In Geneva, Kate Alexander, FOX News Radio.