- Pollino’s Guide To Holiday Movies (And Oscar Buzz): A FOX News Radio SpecialPosted 21 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: John Lewis Christmas Advert 2014Posted 22 hours ago
- Tales Of Black Friday ShoppersPosted 22 hours ago
- FOX Country: Jake Owen’s Humbling BalladPosted 23 hours ago
- Legal Lis: All Eyes on FergusonPosted 2 days ago
- Black Friday Shopping SecretsPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 2 days ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 3 days ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 3 days ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 3 days ago
Scientists Discover Possible “God Particle”
Physicists at the world’s largest atom smasher, in Switzerland, believe they may have found the so-called “God particle,” the particle that’s responsible for all things as we know them.
FOX News Radio’s Kate Alexander reports from Geneva, Switzerland:
The Director General of CERN, Rolf Heuer, calls this exciting new discovery “a remarkable achievement.”
(Heuer) “I think we have a success today, we have a discovery. We have discovered a new particle, a boson. Most probably a Higgs boson, but we have to find out which kind of Higgs boson this is. Does it have the properties which we expect from the Standard Model?”
The Standard Model is a theory of everything. Scientists believe the Higgs boson could answer the long-standing question of why the fundamental building blocks of matter have mass. The scientists say the discovery of this new boson could be a key to the structure of the universe.
In Geneva, Kate Alexander, FOX News Radio.