- AFMW: Dr. Paul White, Psychologist, Author, Speaker, and ConsultantPosted 4 hours ago
- Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek’s “Spock” – Dies At 83Posted 23 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: ‘Sesame Street’ Spoofs ‘House Of Cards’!Posted 1 day ago
- Kevin Harvick Gearing Up For AtlantaPosted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Scientists Discover Possible “God Particle”
Physicists at the world’s largest atom smasher, in Switzerland, believe they may have found the so-called “God particle,” the particle that’s responsible for all things as we know them.
FOX News Radio’s Kate Alexander reports from Geneva, Switzerland:
The Director General of CERN, Rolf Heuer, calls this exciting new discovery “a remarkable achievement.”
(Heuer) “I think we have a success today, we have a discovery. We have discovered a new particle, a boson. Most probably a Higgs boson, but we have to find out which kind of Higgs boson this is. Does it have the properties which we expect from the Standard Model?”
The Standard Model is a theory of everything. Scientists believe the Higgs boson could answer the long-standing question of why the fundamental building blocks of matter have mass. The scientists say the discovery of this new boson could be a key to the structure of the universe.
In Geneva, Kate Alexander, FOX News Radio.