- Securing America: U.S. Response to James Foley’s Murder [VIDEO]Posted 3 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: Is Ryan Considering A Presidential Run?Posted 3 hours ago
- Holder Visits Ferguson, Protests Continue [VIDEO]Posted 3 hours ago
- President Obama Speaks On Death Of U.S. Journalist James FoleyPosted 21 hours ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 2 months ago
Judge Blocks Law That Would Shut Down Mississippi’s Only Abortion Clinic
Mississippi is trying to effectively end abortions in that state.
The law requires anyone performing abortions at the state’s only clinic to be an OB-GYN with privileges to admit patients to a local hospital. Such privileges can be difficult to obtain, and the clinic contends the mandate is designed to put it out of business. A clinic spokeswoman, Betty Thompson, has said the two physicians who do abortions there are OB-GYNs who travel from other states.
A July 11 hearing will determine more about the laws viability.