- Secret Service Director Julia Pierson ResignsPosted 41 mins ago
- First Domestic Case of Ebola Confirmed In Dallas [VIDEO]Posted 9 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Gun Report Finds Criminals Bypass System to Get GunsPosted 9 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Judge Blocks Law That Would Shut Down Mississippi’s Only Abortion Clinic
Mississippi is trying to effectively end abortions in that state.
The law requires anyone performing abortions at the state’s only clinic to be an OB-GYN with privileges to admit patients to a local hospital. Such privileges can be difficult to obtain, and the clinic contends the mandate is designed to put it out of business. A clinic spokeswoman, Betty Thompson, has said the two physicians who do abortions there are OB-GYNs who travel from other states.
A July 11 hearing will determine more about the laws viability.