- Hired! Job OpportunitiesPosted 21 mins ago
- AFMW: American Traditional Country Music Duo, The Secret SistersPosted 2 hours ago
- President Obama Green Lights Surveillance Flights Over Syria [VIDEO]Posted 21 hours ago
- Sharing Opinions On Social MediaPosted 22 hours ago
- The Emmy Awards: Big Wins and An Emotional Tribute to Robin Williams [VIDEO]Posted 23 hours ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 2 months ago
Gearing Up for Fourth of July Travel
More of us are leaving home this 4th of July than the same time last year.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper reports from Chicago:
Triple A predicts that just over 42 million of us will travel 50 miles or more this holiday week. That’s two million more than last year.
What has helped boost that number, the holiday falling in the middle of the week. So, the vaca may be extended a little bit on either end of 4th.
Gas prices are also lower. However, they weren’t low enough when this Kansas man was planning his trip to Chicago awhile back:
(Traveler) “We actually chose to fly here instead of drive because gas prices were so high.”
Triple A says the average price for a gallon of regular unleaded gas is $3.33. That’s down from almost $4 dollars in early April.
In Chicago, Jennifer Keiper, FOX News Radio.