- Doctor In NYC Tests Positive For Ebola [VIDEO]Posted 5 mins ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: NASCAR Sprint Cup Chase Moves On To MartinsvillePosted 20 mins ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 1 hour ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Gearing Up for Fourth of July Travel
More of us are leaving home this 4th of July than the same time last year.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper reports from Chicago:
Triple A predicts that just over 42 million of us will travel 50 miles or more this holiday week. That’s two million more than last year.
What has helped boost that number, the holiday falling in the middle of the week. So, the vaca may be extended a little bit on either end of 4th.
Gas prices are also lower. However, they weren’t low enough when this Kansas man was planning his trip to Chicago awhile back:
(Traveler) “We actually chose to fly here instead of drive because gas prices were so high.”
Triple A says the average price for a gallon of regular unleaded gas is $3.33. That’s down from almost $4 dollars in early April.
In Chicago, Jennifer Keiper, FOX News Radio.