- AFMW Judge Jeanine Pirro: The Mystery of Robert DurstPosted 28 mins ago
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid Will Not Seek Re-Election [VIDEO]Posted 6 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Harry Potter Parody of ‘Uptown Funk’Posted 9 hours ago
- Chase Elliott To Make His Sprint Cup Racing Debut At MartinsvillePosted 10 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Saudi Women With Olympic Dreams
Athletes won’t be the only ones breaking records at this summer’s Olympic Games in London. If women from Saudi Arabia qualify, they’ll be making history.
FOX News Radio’s Emily Wither explains from our Middle East Bureau:
(Audio of Saudi Women playing Soccer)
Women participating in sports in public is fiercely opposed by many religious conservatives in Saudi Arabia - with a total ban in girls state schools. But the Islamic Kingdom could be changing its tune; announcing it will enter women athletes in the Olympics for the first time ever this summer.
Human rights groups had been calling for the country to be banned over its polices. This latest development is a huge step for women. King Abdullah has long been pushing for them
to play a more active role in society. But, they’ll still need to be driven to practice; Saudi Arabia bans women from driving, and they need male permission to work, travel, or open a bank account.
In Jerusalem, Emily Wither, Fox News Radio.