- Hired! College Majors That Could Bring Big BucksPosted 18 mins ago
- AFMW: The Legendary Ray StevensPosted 47 mins ago
- White House Not Releasing Documents on ObamaCare Website Security [VIDEO]Posted 22 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: Focus On KidsPosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: Country Music’s Chase RicePosted 1 day ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 2 months ago
Healthcare: What’s at Stake in Supreme Court Decision?
Today is the day the final rulings from the Supreme Court are expected, including the decision on President Obama’s healthcare law. Could today’s ruling impact what you pay for medical coverage?
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern explores the options from Washington:
Among the decisions the Supreme Court could hand down: fully upholding the Affordable Care Act, or summarily overturning the entire legislation. But there is middle ground, including stripping the legislation of the individual mandate.
(Dr. Palmisano) “What they’ll do is just increase the cost of the insurance.”
Healthcare law opponent Dr. Donald Palmisano believes it would be short-sighted for the court to block the mandate for consumers, but not mandates for insurers. But healthcare law supporter Ron Pollack, with Families USA, doubts premiums would jump if the mandate falls.
(Pollack) “There will be economic reasons for young people to purchase insurance.”
One more option of the Court: dismissing any challenge before the mandate and tax penalty take effect in 2015.
In Washington, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.