- Bullet Points: Boston Top Cop Evans – Residents Don’t Need To Own Shotguns / RiflesPosted 18 hours ago
- Hired! Office Body LanguagePosted 19 hours ago
- Border Disorder: A Plan From House RepublicansPosted 2 days ago
- AEHQ: FOX Poll: Midterm Election InterestPosted 2 days ago
- Housecall for Health: Fist Bump For HealthPosted 2 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 weeks ago
Which Diet Works Best?
Which diet works? The answer may be found in where those calories come from.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
A rose is a rose is a rose, but a calorie is not a calorie. There is increasing evidence that the body treats calories differently, so losing weight may depend on where those calories come from.
The latest study in the Journal of the American Medical Association examined three diets. Each had the same number of calories, but the fat, protein and carb content varied.
Those diets were : low-fat, low-carb, and the last, low-glycemic, was found to be the best.
That diet is similar to a Mediterranean diet, made up of vegetables, fruit, beans, healthy fats and mostly healthy grains.
It was found to yield better cholesterol and lower risk of heart disease and diabetes.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.