- AFMW: Olympic Wrestler Mark SchultzPosted 8 hours ago
- Mitt Romney Will Not Run For President In 2016 [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: A New Level of ArcheryPosted 1 day ago
- Do Super Bowl Commercials Need To Be Cleaned Up?Posted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Which Diet Works Best?
Which diet works? The answer may be found in where those calories come from.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
A rose is a rose is a rose, but a calorie is not a calorie. There is increasing evidence that the body treats calories differently, so losing weight may depend on where those calories come from.
The latest study in the Journal of the American Medical Association examined three diets. Each had the same number of calories, but the fat, protein and carb content varied.
Those diets were : low-fat, low-carb, and the last, low-glycemic, was found to be the best.
That diet is similar to a Mediterranean diet, made up of vegetables, fruit, beans, healthy fats and mostly healthy grains.
It was found to yield better cholesterol and lower risk of heart disease and diabetes.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.