- AFMW: Miss America 2015 Kira KazantsevPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 2 days ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 5 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Housecall for Health: More People Popping Pain Pills
Popping pills, especially those for pain, has become more popular in recent years. And that upward trend shows no signs of slowing.
FOX News Radio’s Joy Piazza reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Abuse of prescription pain drugs – on a regular basis – is on the rise. Researchers with the Centers for Disease Control say that between 2002-2010, the rate of abuse of pain medication like Oxycodone was up more than 75%.
Abuse is described as using pain drugs without a prescription, or more than prescribed. And the number of deaths related to pain drug abuse is also up: There were more than 15,000 overdose deaths in 2009.
Housecall for Health, I’m Joy Piazza, FOX News Radio.