- Which Potential 2016 Candidate Stated “[Hillary Clinton] Does Not Know What Leadership Means”?Posted 2 days ago
- AFMW Judge Jeanine Pirro: The Mystery of Robert DurstPosted 2 days ago
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid Will Not Seek Re-Election [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Harry Potter Parody of ‘Uptown Funk’Posted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Housecall for Health: More People Popping Pain Pills
Popping pills, especially those for pain, has become more popular in recent years. And that upward trend shows no signs of slowing.
FOX News Radio’s Joy Piazza reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Abuse of prescription pain drugs – on a regular basis – is on the rise. Researchers with the Centers for Disease Control say that between 2002-2010, the rate of abuse of pain medication like Oxycodone was up more than 75%.
Abuse is described as using pain drugs without a prescription, or more than prescribed. And the number of deaths related to pain drug abuse is also up: There were more than 15,000 overdose deaths in 2009.
Housecall for Health, I’m Joy Piazza, FOX News Radio.