- Pollino’s Guide To Holiday Movies (And Oscar Buzz): A FOX News Radio SpecialPosted 2 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: John Lewis Christmas Advert 2014Posted 3 hours ago
- Tales Of Black Friday ShoppersPosted 3 hours ago
- FOX Country: Jake Owen’s Humbling BalladPosted 4 hours ago
- Legal Lis: All Eyes on FergusonPosted 1 day ago
- Black Friday Shopping SecretsPosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 1 day ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 2 days ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 2 days ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 2 days ago
Housecall for Health: More People Popping Pain Pills
Popping pills, especially those for pain, has become more popular in recent years. And that upward trend shows no signs of slowing.
FOX News Radio’s Joy Piazza reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Abuse of prescription pain drugs – on a regular basis – is on the rise. Researchers with the Centers for Disease Control say that between 2002-2010, the rate of abuse of pain medication like Oxycodone was up more than 75%.
Abuse is described as using pain drugs without a prescription, or more than prescribed. And the number of deaths related to pain drug abuse is also up: There were more than 15,000 overdose deaths in 2009.
Housecall for Health, I’m Joy Piazza, FOX News Radio.