- Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel ResigningPosted 7 hours ago
- 12-year-old Carrying BB Gun, Shot & Killed By PolicePosted 10 hours ago
- The 2014 American Music Awards RecapPosted 11 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Housecall for Health: More People Popping Pain Pills
Popping pills, especially those for pain, has become more popular in recent years. And that upward trend shows no signs of slowing.
FOX News Radio’s Joy Piazza reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Abuse of prescription pain drugs – on a regular basis – is on the rise. Researchers with the Centers for Disease Control say that between 2002-2010, the rate of abuse of pain medication like Oxycodone was up more than 75%.
Abuse is described as using pain drugs without a prescription, or more than prescribed. And the number of deaths related to pain drug abuse is also up: There were more than 15,000 overdose deaths in 2009.
Housecall for Health, I’m Joy Piazza, FOX News Radio.