- AFMW: Miss America 2015 Kira KazantsevPosted 13 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 2 days ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 5 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
FDA Approves New Weight Loss Drug
There’s a new weapon in the fight against obesity. A new diet pill has been approved by federal regulators, but it’s not for everyone.
FOX News Radio’s Rich Johnson has more from Washington:
The drug, known as Belviq, is the first new prescription treatment for long-term weight loss to be sold in the U.S. in more than a decade. It’s okay for obese adults with at least one other complication, like high cholesterol or diabetes.
FDA approval comes two years after it was first denied over concerns about tumors in lab animals. New research shows there is little risk of tumors in humans.
Demand for any new weight-loss drug is high, as nearly 35% of Americans are now classified as obese.
In Washington, Rich Johnson, FOX News Radio.