- AFMW: Miss America 2015 Kira KazantsevPosted 9 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 1 day ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 4 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Orbitz Guides Mac Users To Pricier Hotels
The Orbitz online travel site has begun promoting more expensive hotel options to Mac users, after finding that Mac user spend more money than PC users.
FOX News Radio’s Courtney Kealy reports:
Orbitz Worldwide Inc. has found that people who use Apple computers spend on average $20 to $30 a night on hotels over those that use PC’s.
It’s a significant difference since the average cost of a hotel booking offered on Orbitz runs about $100 per night. So the travel site now shows those users different and more costlier options than the options shown to Windows users.
It’s in its early stages but demonstrates how even seemingly insignificant information like computer type can predict tastes and spending habits online.
Courtney Kealy, FOX News Radio.
Editor’s Note: Orbitz executives have confirmed to the Wall Street Journal that they are experimenting with different hotel offers to Mac and PC users.