- AFMW: Miss America 2015 Kira KazantsevPosted 20 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 2 days ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 5 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Bye, Bye BCS: College Football Playoff Plan Approved
It’s as much a part of college football’s BCS system as its bowls: The squabbling over who gets to play for the national title. Now, the system used to determine the finalists is set to change.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig reports:
Then-President-elect Obama made his thoughts clear back in 2009.
(2009: President-elect Obama) “You’ve heard my pitch. ((Reporters: “Who’s #1?//Who’s #1?)) That’s why we need a playoff.”
And playoffs it is. A committee of university Presidents, approving a plan for a four-team playoff starting in 2014. BCS Commissioners introduced the plan, which uses a selection committee to seed the top four Division I teams, similar to the way college basketball’s “March Madness” brackets are drawn up.
The #1-seed plays the #4-seed, and #2 plays #3, in semifinals that will be a part of the Bowl Championship system. The national championship will be hosted by the highest bidding city.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.