- Air Bag Recall Expands To 7.8 Million VehiclesPosted 19 hours ago
- What’s Included In Government Waste? [VIDEO]Posted 21 hours ago
- Bullet Points: The Right To Bear ArmsPosted 23 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Illinois Reception Hall Refuses Same-Sex Couple Reception
Taylor Shumaker (pictured) didn’t get a good reception from a reception hall.
When Bar Manager Kristen Stewart offered to give Schumaker and her fiancé (“he”) a tour of the facility [Moline,IL's University Club] and learned that “he” was in fact “she,” she abruptly rescinded the offer because “we don’t rent to homosexual couples.”
STEWART: I am a biblical Christian and I do not believe in homosexual marriage, that’s correct. And because marriage is a covenant that God created for man and woman, as a biblical Christian, I cannot help them into or celebrate that sin. My husband’s family does not hold the same view. If there is a homosexual couple I will pass them onto them. I have told him if they want to do homosexual receptions I would not have any part of that. He and his family have decided they will.
Same-sex marriage is not legal in Illinois, but discrimination based on sexual orientation is.