- The Nation Mourns Slain NYPD OfficersPosted 2 hours ago
- AFMW: Duck Dynasty’s Miss Kay & John Luke RobertsonPosted 6 hours ago
- Report Reveals America Under-Prepared In The Event Of Nuclear Style AttackPosted 1 day ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 3 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 5 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 month ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Securing America: Developing Bird Flu as a Weapon
You may not typically connect the bird flu with terrorism, but some Federal officials did and tried to keep some research from getting made public.
FOX News Radio’s Lilian Woo reports in our ongoing series on national security:
They were studies that government officials once wanted to keep a lid on: Two bird flu papers describing how researchers created virus strains that could potentially be transmitted through the air between people. Some worried it would show terrorists how to make a biological weapon.
Many scientists, arguing sharing results is essential in guarding against a pandemic. The research teams, eventually submitting revised manuscripts. One study published last month, and the second just out in the Journal Science.
Lilian Woo, FOX News Radio.