- Housecall For Health: Tornado Aftermath DangersPosted 2 hours ago
- At Least Two Dozen Killed in Massive OK Tornado [VIDEO]Posted 16 hours ago
- Apple Pie-Eating RecordPosted 20 hours ago
- The Doors’ Ray Manzarek Dies [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- Housecall for Health: Dirty HandbagsPosted 1 day ago
Securing America: Developing Bird Flu as a Weapon
You may not typically connect the bird flu with terrorism, but some Federal officials did and tried to keep some research from getting made public.
FOX News Radio’s Lilian Woo reports in our ongoing series on national security:
They were studies that government officials once wanted to keep a lid on: Two bird flu papers describing how researchers created virus strains that could potentially be transmitted through the air between people. Some worried it would show terrorists how to make a biological weapon.
Many scientists, arguing sharing results is essential in guarding against a pandemic. The research teams, eventually submitting revised manuscripts. One study published last month, and the second just out in the Journal Science.
Lilian Woo, FOX News Radio.