- Legal Lis: All Eyes on FergusonPosted 11 hours ago
- Black Friday Shopping SecretsPosted 12 hours ago
- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 14 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 1 day ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 2 days ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 6 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Securing America: Developing Bird Flu as a Weapon
You may not typically connect the bird flu with terrorism, but some Federal officials did and tried to keep some research from getting made public.
FOX News Radio’s Lilian Woo reports in our ongoing series on national security:
They were studies that government officials once wanted to keep a lid on: Two bird flu papers describing how researchers created virus strains that could potentially be transmitted through the air between people. Some worried it would show terrorists how to make a biological weapon.
Many scientists, arguing sharing results is essential in guarding against a pandemic. The research teams, eventually submitting revised manuscripts. One study published last month, and the second just out in the Journal Science.
Lilian Woo, FOX News Radio.