- Underwater MysteryPosted 29 mins ago
- Housecall for Health: Kidney Stones & Sugary DrinksPosted 44 mins ago
- FOX CountryPosted 1 hour ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Coca-Cola 600 (Charlotte)Posted 2 hours ago
- Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Openly Gay ScoutsPosted 13 hours ago
- IRS Scandal: Lerner Placed On LeavePosted 13 hours ago
- President Obama Defends Drone ProgramPosted 16 hours ago
- Bear Breaks Into CA HomePosted 16 hours ago
- Hurricane Season PredictionsPosted 16 hours ago
- Teen Pregnancies DownPosted 20 hours ago
FOX in the Fast Lane: Toyota/Save Mart 350 (Sonoma)
NASCAR is ditching the traditional oval this weekend for a familiar California track with a new name, while racing fans won’t be able to enjoy a cigarette in the stands at another popular raceway.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has more in this edition of FOX in the Fast Lane:
FOX in the Fast Lane.
The Sprint Cup is racing the road course in this weekend’s Toyota/Save Mart 350 at the now named Sonoma Raceway. It’s the first Cup series race at the track since Infineon’s naming rights deal expired last month, and California native Jimmie Johnson isn’t worried about his decision to skip extra practice time in favor of family time.
(Johnson) “We have tested our Cup car on a road course, and I feel like the rust is knocked off and I’m ready to go.”
Points leader Matt Kenseth has struggled in Sonoma, managing just one career Top 10 finish.
(Kenseth) “Certainly, there’s a lot more opportunities for mistakes, from a driver’s standpoint, at that track. So that’s probably been my worst track, probably since we’ve… since I’ve started racing in the Cup series.”
From now on, it looks like tires will be the only thing smoking at Daytona. Track Vice President Andrew Gurtis, announcing that smoking is now banned in the grandstands.
(Gurtis) “Daytona is kinda the recognized leader in motorsports, so we think by taking this step we’ve really set the example that smoke-free is the way to go.”
FOX in the Fast Lane, I’m Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.