- Hillary: “You Won’t Get Me To Talk About Keystone”Posted 20 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Seattle Seahawks Attempting to Trademark The Number 12, The Word ‘Boom’ And MorePosted 21 hours ago
- Fast-Food Restaurant Fuels Frenzy On Vegas StripPosted 21 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Government Sues Polygamist Towns
The Federal government is suing a pair of towns near the Utah/Arizona border – one in each state – in a First Amendment case. The lawsuit alleges that the towns kicked out non-polygamists based on their religion.
FOX News Radio’s Ron Flatter reports:
A case of religious discrimination has been filed by the Justice Department against Hildale, Utah and Colorado City, Arizona, neighboring towns that are described as polygamous. Both, run by a sect led by Warren Jeffs, who is serving a life prison sentence in Texas for child sex and bigamy convictions.
(Hoole) “Any law enforcement agency that is courageous enough to look into this is gonna find a lot of problems.”
…Attorney Roger Hoole last winter on FOX13 in Salt Lake City. Non-sect members claim they were forced out of their homes by city leaders. An attorney for the town of Hildale says there’s nothing to support the civil rights suit.
Ron Flatter, FOX News Radio.