- The Balance Of Power: The Clintons Look To Save Senate DemocratsPosted 35 mins ago
- Legal Lis: What’s the Next Step in the Adrian Peterson Child Injury Case?Posted 1 hour ago
- AFMW: Country Music Newcomer Chase BryantPosted 2 hours ago
- President Obama Insists No U.S. Combat Mission In IraqPosted 18 hours ago
- Fed Signals Plan To Keep Interest Rates Low For A “Considerable Time” [VIDEO]Posted 19 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Manhunt Underway for Suspect in PA State Trooper AmbushPosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Government Sues Polygamist Towns
The Federal government is suing a pair of towns near the Utah/Arizona border – one in each state – in a First Amendment case. The lawsuit alleges that the towns kicked out non-polygamists based on their religion.
FOX News Radio’s Ron Flatter reports:
A case of religious discrimination has been filed by the Justice Department against Hildale, Utah and Colorado City, Arizona, neighboring towns that are described as polygamous. Both, run by a sect led by Warren Jeffs, who is serving a life prison sentence in Texas for child sex and bigamy convictions.
(Hoole) “Any law enforcement agency that is courageous enough to look into this is gonna find a lot of problems.”
…Attorney Roger Hoole last winter on FOX13 in Salt Lake City. Non-sect members claim they were forced out of their homes by city leaders. An attorney for the town of Hildale says there’s nothing to support the civil rights suit.
Ron Flatter, FOX News Radio.