- ISIS Purportedly Beheads U.S. Journalist James Foley [VIDEO]Posted 37 mins ago
- Bullet Points: T-Shirt Gets Veteran Thrown from Amusement ParkPosted 2 hours ago
- Hired! College Majors That Could Bring Big BucksPosted 2 hours ago
- AFMW: The Legendary Ray StevensPosted 3 hours ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 2 months ago
Asian Immigrants Surpass Hispanics in the U.S.
A new study of census data from the Pew Research Center shows Latino and Hispanic immigrants are no longer the largest immigrant group. The title is now bestowed on Asians.
FOX News Radio’s Eben Brown reports:
A Pew Research study shows the number of new Americans from Latin America is second to those coming from Asia.
(Funk) “Asian-Americans grew faster than any other race group since 2000 to 2010, and the number of newly arrived Asian-American immigrants has now surpassed the number of newly arrived Hispanic immigrants.”
Researcher Cary Funk. “Asian” means anyone from Japan to India. And they’re smart, too.
(Funk) “More highly educated, they have higher median incomes than the general population. They also have distinctive values, in terms of a strong emphasis on marriage and parenting and a belief in hard work.”
Though nearly one-in-five Asian immigrants experience discrimination.
Eben Brown, FOX News Radio.