- Man Apprehended After Jumping White House Fence [VIDEO]Posted 19 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: The 5 Most Intriguing House Races of 2014Posted 20 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Should There Be Parent Liability With Facebook?Posted 21 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Facebook Settles Ads Lawsuit
Facebook is possibly saving a ton of money, settling a lawsuit that could have included millions of Americans.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Lacerra has details:
The suit, brought by five Facebook members, says the social networking site violated California law by publicizing users “likes” of certain brand name products that Facebook called “sponsored stories.” Facebook had allowed companies to pay to retransmit users’ activities to their friends’ pages.
The proposed class-action lawsuit could have included one-in-three Americans, with billions of dollars in damages. The judge, saying the plaintiffs could suffer economic injury through Facebook’s use of their names, photographs and likenesses.
Lisa Lacerra, FOX News Radio.