- The Winners Of The 2015 Boston Marathon Are…Posted 11 hours ago
- 2015 ACM Awards: Miranda Lambert, Luke Bryan Win BigPosted 20 hours ago
- AFMW: Carly Fiorina, Former CEO of Hewlett PackardPosted 20 hours ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 7 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Homophobic Christian Pretends To Be Gay For A Year
Timothy Kurek says he “wanted to see if there was any justification to the fear I had.”
He told the Daily News the book will include details about how he interacted with the LGBT community, whether anyone could sense he was actually straight, and what his parents said when he admitted to them that he wasn’t really gay, and that his “coming out” was only an experiment.
Kurek admits his less-than-authentic journey cannot match that of an honestly gay man.
“I will be the first one to say that my experience is severely limited,” he told MSNBC. “There is no way I could possibly understand what it’s like to be actually gay.
“And the book itself is not at all about what it is like to be gay, but only about how the label of gay impacted my external life and how those things kind of altered my faith and challenged my beliefs.”