- The Balance Of Power: A FOX News Radio SpecialPosted 22 hours ago
- FOX Country: Kenny Chesney & Jason Aldean Team Up For A Mega TourPosted 23 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Girl Desperate to be Nicki Minaj After Wisdom Teeth RemovalPosted 24 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Securing America: Happy Birthday, Soldiers!
Today is Flag Day, June 14th. But it’s also a very special day for one branch of our Armed Forces. Happy Birthday to all those are “being all they can be.”
FOX News Radio’s Steve Taylor reports from Washington in our ongoing series on national security:
It was on June 14, 1775 that the Continental Congress officially adopted the troops that soon were to be fighting the British in Massachusetts. Three weeks later, General George Washington was in command. Secretary of the Army John McHugh says June 14th is:
(Sec. McHugh) “A celebration of the resiliency of the American soldier, and the great willingness of these largely young men and women to step forward, knowing what to expect, and still saying who I will serve.”
It’s also Flag Day, so proclaimed by President Woodrow Wilson on June 14, 1916.
In Washington, Steve Taylor, FOX News Radio.