- FOX on Tech: Microsoft Unveils Xbox OnePosted 1 hour ago
- Housecall For Health: Tornado Aftermath DangersPosted 8 hours ago
- At Least Two Dozen Killed in Massive OK Tornado [VIDEO]Posted 22 hours ago
- Jodi Arias Pleads For Life [VIDEO]Posted 23 hours ago
- 50th Super Bowl Will Be In…Posted 23 hours ago
- Apple Pie-Eating RecordPosted 1 day ago
CA Pastor Dies From Flesh-Eating Bacteria
Family, friends and congregants are mourning the death of a California pastor, who has died after a months-long battle with a flesh-eating bacteria.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports:
Linda Snyder was a Methodist pastor in Sacramento. She was diagnosed with the disease in early January, and this Tuesday, her family says they were with her when her lungs and kidneys gave out. Necrotizing fasciitis literally means “tissue death,” but it’s more commonly called flesh-eating bacteria.
(Dr. Lynn Fitzgibbons) “Because it is such an aggressive germ, it does tend to cause a syndrome that people worry kind of looks like flesh is being eaten. That’s how quickly things gets destroyed.”
Anywhere from 500-1,500 people are diagnosed with it every year, and roughly one-in-four people die. Recently, a 24-year-old woman in Georgia had her hands, a leg and a foot amputated after she contracted the disease.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.