- Which Country Singer Reportedly Lands Acting Gig In New Adam Sandler Movie?Posted 54 mins ago
- Hillary: “You Won’t Get Me To Talk About Keystone”Posted 23 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Seattle Seahawks Attempting to Trademark The Number 12, The Word ‘Boom’ And MorePosted 24 hours ago
- Fast-Food Restaurant Fuels Frenzy On Vegas StripPosted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
CA Pastor Dies From Flesh-Eating Bacteria
Family, friends and congregants are mourning the death of a California pastor, who has died after a months-long battle with a flesh-eating bacteria.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports:
Linda Snyder was a Methodist pastor in Sacramento. She was diagnosed with the disease in early January, and this Tuesday, her family says they were with her when her lungs and kidneys gave out. Necrotizing fasciitis literally means “tissue death,” but it’s more commonly called flesh-eating bacteria.
(Dr. Lynn Fitzgibbons) “Because it is such an aggressive germ, it does tend to cause a syndrome that people worry kind of looks like flesh is being eaten. That’s how quickly things gets destroyed.”
Anywhere from 500-1,500 people are diagnosed with it every year, and roughly one-in-four people die. Recently, a 24-year-old woman in Georgia had her hands, a leg and a foot amputated after she contracted the disease.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.