- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 6 mins ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 3 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of March 7thPosted 3 hours ago
- Ukraine Crisis Leads To Sanctions On Russia, Executive OrderPosted 18 hours ago
- The Balance of Power: Is The Tea Party Losing Steam?Posted 1 day ago
- Conservatives Gather At CPAC [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
AEHQ: Former Aide Wins Giffords’ Seat in AZ
A congressional district formerly in the hands of Democrat Gabrielle Giffords will remain in the hands of a Democrat for now.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal has more on Tuesday’s special election in Arizona:
From America’s Election Headquarters…
Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords opted to focus on recovering after being shot last year, and asked her aide Ron Barber to run. Last night he won the election bid for the rest of her term.
He had to beat the same man Giffords beat just two years ago: The young Iraq War vet Republican Jesse Kelly.
This race focused on national issues: healthcare, medicare. And both sides wanted to win badly.
Outside groups from both parties poured money in. Republicans saw a shot in the GOP-leaning district after Giffords resigned and treated the race as a referendum on the President. And for just that reason, the Democratic party wanted to keep it just as badly.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.