- Another Security Blunder For Secret ServicePosted 2 hours ago
- First Domestic Case of Ebola Confirmed In Dallas [VIDEO]Posted 5 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Gun Report Finds Criminals Bypass System to Get GunsPosted 5 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
MA Town Creates Cursing Fine
Better watch what you say in public! Cursing in one Massachusetts town could cost you.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Rappoport reports:
Fed up with four-letter words, residents in Middleborough voting to impose a $20 fine for cursing in public.
The ordinance aimed at young people who use loud, profane language. Business owner Paulette Lilla welcomes the crackdown.
(Lilla) “It’s intimidating to my customers, to the people who are out here downtown. I think it’s a good thing that they’re doing something to try and curb it.”
Former town selectwoman Mimi Duphily says fines won’t solve the problem, but…
(Duphily) “I think that it’ll make them understand what is acceptable behavior and what is not.”
Middleborough enacted a bylaw against public swearing in 1968, but officials say it has rarely been enforced.
Steve Rappoport, FOX News Radio.