- Bullet Points: Buy A Car – Get A GunPosted 55 mins ago
- Hired! Jobs In The Jewelry IndustryPosted 1 hour ago
- Border Disorder: TX Gov. Perry Sending National Guard Troops To Border [VIDEO]Posted 19 hours ago
- Federal Appeals Court Delivers Blow To ObamacarePosted 20 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: What Lurks In What You Eat?Posted 1 day ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 weeks ago
NYC School Pulls “God Bless the USA” From Ceremony [VIDEO]
God Bless…Bieber? A New York City school principal is causing an uproar over her decision to change the program for next week’s kindergarten graduation.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has the story from New York City:
(Daniel Lozada) “If tomorrow all the things were gone I’d worked for all my life…”
Daniel Lozada has been practicing “God Bless the U.S.A.” in anticipation of singing it at his graduation at New York’s Public School 90, but principal Greta Hawkins has pulled the song from the ceremony, saying the lyrics were “not age-appropriate.” Other teachers report Hawkins also claims the song could “offend other cultures.”
(Justin Bieber – “Baby”) “And I was like ‘baby, baby’…”
The patriotic song was set to be replaced by “Baby,” from Canadian pop star Justin Bieber, leaving Daniel’s mother, Luz, confused.
(Luz Lozada) “Justin Bieber’s song is for teenage love, and that’s worse than singing ‘God Bless the U.S.A.’”
“God Bless the U.S.A.” writer Lee Greenwood, reacting to FOX News…
(Lee Greenwood) “It’s not politically incorrect. It’s about struggle, and it’s about people – like today, who a lot of them don’t have jobs.”
A school spokeswoman says Bieber’s “Baby” is also out of the program.
In New York, Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on this story HERE: