- President Obama Announces Plan To Fight EbolaPosted 13 hours ago
- Joint Chiefs Chairman Won’t Rule Out U.S. Ground Troops Against ISISPosted 17 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: How Much Coffee Is Too Much?Posted 24 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
US Military Suicides Surge
One suicide a day: That’s the rate at which our service men and women are taking thier own lives.
FOX News Radio’s Rich Johnson reports from Washington:
The Defense Department’s own statistics reveal there were 154 suicides by active-duty troops in the first 155 days of this year. An 18% increase from a year ago.
The numbers obtained by the Associated Press also show a rise in sexual assaults, alcohol abuse and domestic violence. But there’s no official explanation for the spikes. However, the Pentagon has established a suicide prevention office.
And one other revealing stat: A big portion of the suicides in the U.S. Army are commited by soldiers who never deployed to combat zones.
In Washington, Rich Johnson, FOX News Radio.