- Bullet Points: Gun Giveaways At ChurchPosted 3 hours ago
- Hired! Career ProspectsPosted 3 hours ago
- Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying On Congress’ Computer NetworkPosted 19 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 6 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
US Military Suicides Surge
One suicide a day: That’s the rate at which our service men and women are taking thier own lives.
FOX News Radio’s Rich Johnson reports from Washington:
The Defense Department’s own statistics reveal there were 154 suicides by active-duty troops in the first 155 days of this year. An 18% increase from a year ago.
The numbers obtained by the Associated Press also show a rise in sexual assaults, alcohol abuse and domestic violence. But there’s no official explanation for the spikes. However, the Pentagon has established a suicide prevention office.
And one other revealing stat: A big portion of the suicides in the U.S. Army are commited by soldiers who never deployed to combat zones.
In Washington, Rich Johnson, FOX News Radio.