- The Balance of Power: Keep An Eye On IowaPosted 1 hour ago
- Legal Lis: Walmart Fires Back at Tracy MorganPosted 3 hours ago
- Secret Service Director Julia Pierson ResignsPosted 17 hours ago
- First Domestic Case of Ebola Confirmed In Dallas [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- Bullet Points: Gun Report Finds Criminals Bypass System to Get GunsPosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
US Military Suicides Surge
One suicide a day: That’s the rate at which our service men and women are taking thier own lives.
FOX News Radio’s Rich Johnson reports from Washington:
The Defense Department’s own statistics reveal there were 154 suicides by active-duty troops in the first 155 days of this year. An 18% increase from a year ago.
The numbers obtained by the Associated Press also show a rise in sexual assaults, alcohol abuse and domestic violence. But there’s no official explanation for the spikes. However, the Pentagon has established a suicide prevention office.
And one other revealing stat: A big portion of the suicides in the U.S. Army are commited by soldiers who never deployed to combat zones.
In Washington, Rich Johnson, FOX News Radio.