- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 3 days ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 3 days ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 3 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Housecall for Health: Stem Cells Responsible for Heart Attacks?
A new finding by researchers may lead to more knowledge about what causes heart attacks. And a primary culprit may be a type of cell looked to for healing people.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
A new study may have found the reason behind heart attacks. Doctors have long thought that it was smooth muscle cells that cause the arteries to harden, but in a study conducted in mice at Berkeley, researchers discovered a type of stem cell that forms the scar tissue that blocks the flow of blood in the arteries.
Currently, there are no therapies or medications that target stem cells, but the discovery may lead to an entirely new area of heart disease treatment.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.